What does it mean to set yourself up for success?
The army’s slogan used to be, “Be all that you can be.” Are you applying that slogan in your life? Do you even have time to “be all that you can be?”
This month, I tried to “be all that I can be” by making small changes in my life. Especially now that my son is in school, it’s time for some organization (both in my life and in my home). I worked on the following things to make my life smoother. Have these helped you?
- Creating a routine – With kids, creating and following a routine may feel like a pipe dream. Routines can benefit everyone in your family, not just your toddler. But can you find one that works for you?
- Surrounding myself with (smart) people – Parenting is hard work, and it helps to surround yourself with people who can relate. Here are 11 ways to find people who can relate.
- Thinking outside the box (or book) about discipline – If you’re struggling with discipline, try reading the Love and Logic books to learn how to have fun while parenting.
- Taking the time to “feel better” – Feeling better about yourself is a work in progress, but it’s well worth the effort. Here are 6 ways to answer honestly when someone asks, “how are you?”
- Having compassion (and teaching it to my kids) – We need to teach our children to have compassion, but it’s important for us to model compassionate behavior, as well. How can you show compassion?
- Being grateful – What’s the first thought that crosses your mind every day? Are you grateful to have another day on Earth? Having gratitude is easier than you think.
- Getting my spending accounts in order – One part of setting yourself up for success is having a financial toolkit that works for you. Everyone needs a financial toolkit – an arsenal of financial products and accounts to help you meet your end goals. Do you use these “spending tools?”
- Checking my savings accounts – What’s in your financial toolkit? Make sure you’re using these “savings tools” correctly.
- Recover from my “parenting failures” – No parent’s perfect. When was the last time you felt like a failure? Learn simple ways to recover from your failures.
What strategies do you use to set yourself up for success and make over your life? Is your life everything that you want it to be? If not, try one of the ideas from the posts above. Let me know how these tips help you to be all that you can be!